Sunday, October 10, 2010

milkmaid



I've been looking for this Isaac Mizrahi for Target dress for *ages*. I have a bunch of other dresses from the amazing 50's-style colleciton he did, and they're all incredibly cute and flattering, so I'd given serious thought to buying this dress on eBay. But I didn't need to in the end, because I found it (with the tags on) in my size at the thrift store for $7! Clearly, some outfits are meant to be.



I tried doing a different style of fancy braids this time, but I don't like these as much. French braids are key, I think, and these are just plain.



I made this button necklace years ago, but clearly it was just waiting for this dress to come along. Isn't the rickrack on the collar great?

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic find! I really really like that dress. I might have to get my eBay on.

    That necklace is so sweet- you're one talented gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great score (I thought it WAS a vintage dress).

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a great little necklace, very unique

    ReplyDelete