Wednesday, October 20, 2010

date night

I signed up for OkCupid, an online dating site, because I haven't really been meeting people lately and I wanted to start. I was very entertainted by the message you get from the site founder when you sign up, which tells you, basically: "ok, as a girl you will get lots of dudes messaging you. this does not mean you should not bother messaging dudes! We have proven with science that you will end up with someone better-looking if you make an effort to contact people!"

Well, I am not one to argue with science, so I did my best to ignore my talking-to-new-people anxiety and sent messages to all the dudes I thought looked interesting. A few of them answered me back, and I have my first date with one of them tonight! Wish me luck.

Here's what I'm wearing:







dress: Francesca's Collection
sweater: swapped (Anthropologie)
shoes: Marshalls (Nine West)
tights: Rugged Wearhouse
brooch: Colonial Williamsburg

4 comments:

  1. good luck with your date, cant wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress! Good luck with your date :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your outfit! It's simple but not plain, plus that brooch is real pretty~
    Good luck with your date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love that dress! You look cute. Good luck tonight and be safe! :-)

    ReplyDelete